Kaiser Permanente Health Insurance
Fill Out The Form to See If You Qualify
Kaiser In The News
Dec 4, 2012Learn about the benefits of using Kaiser Permanente in the Atlanta Metro area, and also check out their amazing facilities for members.
Oct 23, 2012As an independent health insurance advisor and a personal member of Kaiser Permanente for the past 17 years I strongly believe in the model of care that Kaiser offers. Kaiser is the provider and the insurer wrapped up into one package so they have a financial incentive to make sure a member is healthy and receives the best possible care. A traditional provider has a monetary incentive just to give treatment and the more treatment done the more money a traditional provider earns. There’s no incentive for a traditional provider to make sure you stay healthy as they only make money when you see them for care. Kaiser Permanente is a great model for health reform. From first hand experience I know that Kaiser offers quality care and the low rates for health insurance in Atlanta. Original article from USA Today, Oct 23, 2012
Why Join Kaiser Permanente?Experience KP: learn the benefits of membership At Kaiser Permanente, we stand for total health. That means we work with you, in sickness and in health, with dedicated physicians, convenient locations, and innovative programs and services that help you maximize your health in mind, body, and spirit.
Focus on wellness Kaiser Permanente’s philosophy centers on keeping our members healthy, not just treating them when they are ill. We promote our members’ wellness by combining preventive care and health education with appropriate clinical intervention.
Personalized care We encourage our members to choose their own personal physician, who will provide and coordinate all the medical services they need. This allows for greater continuity of care and provides the opportunity for members to choose someone with whom they feel comfortable. Our members also have the freedom to change their primary care physician if they wish.
Committed to excellence At Kaiser Permanente, we are committed to providing members and employer groups with quality, cost-effective health care. Our physicians and managers work together to improve care, service, and the overall performance of our organization.
Our team approach to health care Kaiser Permanente physicians practice together as a group, each focusing on his or her specialty while being able to consult with trusted peers as needed. Our quality network of community physicians and other health care providers are also available to respond to the needs of Kaiser Permanente members.
Convenience you can count on We go to great lengths to ensure that our members receive the care and services they need. We regularly study member-to-provider ratios, perform travel/drive-time studies, and conduct member surveys. Through these efforts, we make sure you can count on:
Seeing a physician when you need one easy access to locations close to where you live or work state-of-the-art technology and innovative medical care In addition, we have concentrated our resources and expertise to develop Centers of Excellence to provide our members with highly specialized care and medical procedures to treat complicated medical problems.
Ten more reasons why 1. Award-winning care and service The doctors at our medical centers received the AMGA 2002 Preeminence Award for leadership, quality care, and service.* We received “Excellent” NCQA accreditation, the highest ranking available.†
2. Wide selection of doctors You have access to more than 200 doctors at our medical centers and more than 1,000 affiliated doctors. Some plans have an additional 2,100% participating doctors and allow you to see any licensed physician you choose.
3. Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers See a doctor and get lab, X-ray, and pharmacy services all in one location.††
4. Affordability Our broad range of covered services, low copayments, and affordable premiums will help keep your costs down.
5. Easy access Make same-day appointments at most of our medical centers. Doctors are available nights and weekends at after-hours urgent care centers. Self-refer to select specialties such as obstetrics/gynecology and dermatology.
6. Simplicity There are no claims to file when you visit either our medical centers or our affiliated doctors and hospitals.
7. Travel coverage You’re covered for emergency care when you travel.
8. Preventive care You’re covered for routine physicals, well-child care, mammograms, immunizations, and much more.
9. 24-hour services Online: Order prescription refills, e-mail an advice nurse or pharmacist, research health topics, and much more. By phone: Call our Health Line any time to get nurse advice or make appointments at our medical centers.
10. High member satisfaction We are one of the top HMOs in the country in member satisfaction.** * The Southeast Permanente Medical Group, Inc. received the award from the American Medical Group Association. † HMO and Medicare plans. The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) is an independent organization that monitors health plan quality. †† Most Kaiser Permanente Medical Centers **The NRC Market Guide 2002, National Research Corporation (Research completed in 2003 using information gathered in 2002; Lincoln, NE.)
Kaiser has convenient facilities that cover the following cities within Georgia (Click on the name to learn more) : Athens, Atlanta, Alpharetta, Austell, Columbus, Conyers, Cumming, Decatur, Douglasville, Duluth, Fayettville, Holly Springs, Jonesboro, Kennesaw, Lawrenceville, Lithonia, Marietta, McDonough, Newnan, Snellville, Sugar Hill, Tucker